Above: A blast from the past. He loves only gold.
- Moral decay: Toxic culture at Goldman Sachs - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
[Last] week, just as the S&P 500 was reaching its apogee in the long, slow recovery from the subprime mortgage meltdown, a mid-level executive resigned from Goldman Sachs. He did it in an unusual place: on the op-ed page of The New York Times.
In " Why I am leaving Goldman Sachs ," Greg Smith explained that the culture of the firm has become "toxic," that the Wall Street investment bank is focused almost entirely on making money for itself rather than for its clients.
- Foreclosure abuse: The scum also rises - Salt Lake Tribune Editorial
The revelations from the subprime mortgage fiasco just keep getting uglier. Federal investigators confirmed this past week that the major banks replaced subprime mortgage mills with foreclosure mills after the real estate bubble burst. Yet no one has gone to jail. Few bankers have even been prosecuted. ...
- Few foreclosure funds went to help Utah homeowners - Tom Harvey, The Salt Lake Tribune
- Mortgage windfall is being well spent - Denver Post Editorial
- Goldman Sachs exec's parting exposes the firm - USA Today Editorial
Is Goldman, in the words of a Rolling Stone article, "a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money?" Or is it merely one of many unsavory creatures in a vast and treacherous sea that has flooded Wall Street and other financial capitals? ...
- Goldman Sachs: We're committed to our clients - USA Today
- Class warfare pawn - Charles Gasparino, The New York Post
- Did You Really Believe Wall Street Looks Out For Your Best Interest? - Robert Schmansky, Forbes
- 13 Reasons Goldman’s Quitting Exec May Have a Point - Cora Currier, ProPublica
|1.||Western lawmakers gather in Utah to talk federal land takeover|
|2.||Free entry this weekend in national parks|
|3.||Salt Lake Comic Con FanX: In ‘cosplay,’ everybody can be anybody|
|4.||Autopsies of 7 dead Utah babies done, reports still weeks away|
|5.||Neon Trees’ Tyler Glenn proud to be gay and Mormon|
|6.||Utah same-sex marriage opponents hope case not undone by technicality|
|7.||Utah Jazz: Corbin knew rebuild decision would impact future|
|8.||Partying daughter has mom concerned|
|9.||Expect street closures in downtown Salt Lake City for marathon|
|10.||Northern Utah toddler accidently shot with rifle|