- High court stood up for disclosure - Helena (Mont.) Independent-Record Editorial
... Money talks, and pretending otherwise isn’t realistic. But it’s not unreasonable to want to temper its voice to some leveling extent — and more importantly, to know who’s really doing the talking. We applaud the Montana Supreme Court for upholding a century-long attempt to give the people the strongest voice in state politics.
- Montana history supports court's anti-corruption ruling - Billings (Mont.) Gazette Editorial
... The corrupting influence of unlimited political spending was outrageously demonstrated by William A. Clark, another copper king, who literally bought a U.S. Senate seat three times — twice by bribing state legislators, who back then elected U.S. senators, and once by getting appointed by the lieutenant governor after the U.S. Senate refused to seat him. ...
- State gets it right again on corrupt practices ruling - Great Falls (Mont. ) Tribune Editorial
In the same way that the state of Montana could show the federal government a thing or two about balancing a budget, the state and its Supreme Court have gotten it right in terms of corporate financing of political speech. ...
- In Montana, Corporations Aren’t People - Dahlia Lithwick, Slate
... The Montana court more or less announced it would uphold that state’s corporate spending ban because they know a lot more about political corruption than Anthony Kennedy does. ...
- Corporations are people too? Not in Montana! At least for now. - Michael Bobelian, Forbes
- As the 2012 voting begins, stealth wins over openness - Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel Editorial
... Super PACs can accept unlimited donations. But as part of its Citizens United decision, the Supreme Court also explicitly allowed disclosure of campaign donors. Neither party has pushed very hard to put such rules in place. ...
|1.||Review: Boseman electrifies as James Brown in ‘Get On Up’|
|2.||Paul Rolly: Blogger fired from language school over ‘homophonia’|
|3.||Movie review: ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ breaks the Marvel mold|
|4.||Infant girl dies after being found in Utah car|
|5.||Photos: Wu-Tang Clan at Twilight concert in Salt Lake City|
|6.||5 songs: Lady Gaga arrives in Utah with spectacle|
|7.||Seven times Paul McCartney was the coolest man on Earth|
|8.||Salt Lake City police department clears officer who shot dog|
|9.||TV preview: ‘Hell on Wheels’ mocks Mormons|