More dream headlines '12 ...
As usual, our annual request for dream headlines, the headlines people hope to see in the coming year, produced more suggestions than would fit in the space on the New Year's Day Opinion page.
So here, in no particular order, are some of the other submissions we received.
Thanks. And see you next year.
- Bank of America apologizes for wrongful foreclosures, builds homeless shelters in cities nationwide - Afton January
- Astronauts find body of Alice Kramden on the moon - Nancy Bento
- Cancer cured: Huntsman Cancer Hospital becomes day spa - Dave Doepner
- United States united again - Susanne Reeves
- Dec. 12, 2012, a hoax - Molly Baird
- Rush rockets to Mars to peddle his wares - Pam Allen
- Fox News reports news - Mel Halbach
- Rocky's choice for running mate: Lady GaGa - J.L. Smith
- Mitt born again, wins nomination - Patrick Jenkins
- Criminal syndicate jailed; Wall Street deserted - Jason Arrington
- Immigrants welcomed! Cubs win! Jesus returns! - Rev. Steven A. Klemz
- Isn't gingrich a kind of gum disease? Palin asks reporter - Byron Sims
- Christ returns to earth; Limbaugh calls him a socialist - Sherri Park
- All members of Congress resign, join World Wrestling Federation - Thomas Rutter
- Wimmer leaves to become Tibetan monk - Tim Wagner
- Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft indicted by Hague Tribunal as war criminals - Neil H. Olsen
- Donald Trump gets crewcut, looks like Wally Cleaver - Phil Lindhardt
- Solar, battery breakthroughs foretell fossil fuel flameout - Gregory Smith
- LDS leaders OK gay marriage: President Monson claims divine revelation - Paul Hunter
- Texting banned in restaurants, people talking to each other - Barbara Butler
- Waddoups: Tax hike needed for Utah schools - Russ Askren
- Wimmer, Sandstrom and Herrod flee to Arizona - Bryce Bunting
See more about comments here.