See more about comments here.
Juco DB from San Jose commits to BYU; DT Peoples to transfer
A sixth football player has committed to join the BYU football program in 2015.
Khari Vanderbilt, who will be a defensive back at San Jose (Calif.) City College this fall, committed to BYU football coach Bronco Mendenhall on Tuesday morning during an unofficial campus visit.
Vanderbilt, 6-foot-2, 185 pounds, graduated from Independence High in San Jose and was referred to BYU by SJCC defensive backs coach Fred Stewart, who also guided starting cornerback Robertson Daniel to BYU last year.
Vanderbilt and Daniel, who played at De Anza College in Cupertino, Calif., are good friends, and Daniel's younger brother is a receiver on the SJCC team.<
Vanderbilt is expected to be a mid-year signee in December and will enroll at BYU in January in order to participate in 2015 spring practices.
He is the first known junior college player to commit to BYU from the 2015 signing class.
The other four players who have committed:
* Will Sedgwick, 6-1, 220 LB from Laguna Hills, Calif. (Laguna Hills High School)
* Dayan Lake, 5-11, 185 CB from Layton, Utah (Northridge High School)
* Mike Tafua, 6-3, 210 DE from Honolulu, HI (Kamehameha High School)
* Devin Kaufusi, 6-5, 200 DE from Provo, UT (Timpview High School)
* David Lui, 6-3, 305 OL from Pittsburgh, Calif. (Pittsburgh High School)