See more about comments here.
Notes and quotes from BYU's 20-13 loss to Utah
A few leftover notes and quotes from the Cougars' 20-13 loss to Utah on Saturday night in a game that ended at 11:47 p.m. ...
* Receiver Cody Hoffman had 108 receiving yards, and is now No. 4 on BYU's all-time list for receiving yards with 2,889. Hoffman passed Margin Hooks. It was his 15th career 100-yard receiving game; BYU's career leader in that category is Austin Collie, with 17.
* Mitch Mathews caught three passes for 54 yards, both career highs.
* Filling in for the suspended Spencer Hadley, senior linebacker Tyler Beck had 10 tackles, a career high.<
* It was BYU's first home sellout (63,470) since Oct. 13, 2012 against Oregon State.
* Jamaal Williams, who was released from the hospital Sunday morning, picked up 52 rushing yards before being injured in the third quarter and now has 1,153 career yards, good enough for 26th place on the all-tme list.
BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall only spent between three and four minutes in the postgame interview room giving an open statement and answering eight quesions. Clearly, it was one of the most difficult losses in the nine-year coach's tenure at BYU, given how hard the Cougars prepared for the matchup, how much momentum they had coming off that blowout of Texas, and that it was the rivalry game.
Here's what the coach said: