Some info on BYU personnel which was revealed today by football coach Bronco Mendenhall. These are guys that missed spring camp, for one reason or another. Here's their status:
* LB Bryant Atkinson will stop playing football due to a persistent back injury. He will keep his scholarship.
* Teu Kautai has returned home from his mission and is expected to play this season.
* LB Colin Keoshian is gone for good. Mendenhall said the last he heard Keoshian was considering a transfer to UCLA.
* LB Jordan Pendleton, though not ready to pronounce himself 100 percent after several injuries, will be ready to participate in fall camp.
* DT Romney Fuga (knee) has been cleared to participate in fall camp.
* DT Jordan Richardson has also been cleared for camp.
* Safety Kory Gaines has lost his scholarship, at least temporarily. Gaines will spend a year as a non-scholarship player and spend time "valuing getting his education paid for," Mendenhall said.
* DE Thomas Bryson will be joining the team the first day of school, thereby missing fall camp. He most likely will not play this season. Mendenhall said there's a very slight chance Bryson will make it back in good standing before fall camp begins, and if he does, he will play.
* Receiver-turned-safety O'Neill Chambers is still a year away from returning to the team. "The earliest he will join us is January," Mendenhall said.
* RB Drew Phillips most likely will join the team the first day of school and will likely miss fall camp. "He still has two classes, two grades, to become eligible. He is taking summer school," Mendenhall said.
|1.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|2.||Mormons turn to Internet to preach, but sometimes it turns on them|
|3.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|4.||BYUtv meets TV critics, and gay question arises|
|5.||Utah woman sentenced to prison in death of baby sitter|
|6.||Utah woman will be contestant on next season of ‘Top Chef’|
|7.||4 Utah restaurants call it quits|
|8.||Mormon-owned BYU removes gay-marriage cards at bookstore|
|9.||Mormon church used to make it easy to follow its money|
|10.||Restaurateur impressing Salt Lake with good food, hard work|