The School of Rock program, a national franchise with a program in Sandy, has summer auditions each year for musicians aspiring to be part of the AllStar program. Only an elite, talented few are accepted. They then divide into regional tours and travel a concert circuit.
Saturday night they are playing The Grand Room at The Complex here in Salt Lake City. (Doors Open at 6:30 p.m. / Show begins at 7 p.m.)
This year 6 musicians from the Sandy School of Rock have been named as AllStars and are currently part of this tour:
- Alec Jackson (Keys / 17 / Salt Lake) – 5th Year as an AllStar. Also, named Teen Keyboard Player of the Year by School Jamm at NAMM (2012 & 2011)
- Mason Nagy (Bass / 16 / Herriman) – 3rd Year as an AllStar.
- Chris Petty (Drums / 18 / Salt Lake) – 2nd Year as an AllStar. Also, named Teen Drummer of the Year by School Jamm at Namm (2012)
- Nick Petty (Guitar / 18 / Salt Lake ) – 2nd Year as an AllStar. (Chris’s twin)
- Jaxon Garrick (Guitar / 17 / Sandy) – 2nd Year as an AllStar.
- Juan Altuna (Bass / 17 / Salt Lake) – 1st Year as an AllStar.
|1.||Serena Williams extends winning streak to 22|
|2.||Photos: Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Awards, Bieber awards draw boos|
|3.||‘Star Trek’ does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes|
|4.||Kirby: What would you let money do to you?|
|5.||Utah soldier confirmed dead in explosion in Afghanistan|
|6.||Gun-toting Utah teachers to parents: Your kids safe with us|
|7.||‘Righteous Housewives’ offers humor but not much depth|
|8.||Victim’s three daughters get a day of magic|
|9.||Suburban Utah sees huge spike in poverty|
|10.||Shaping Sound: The dance company that TV built|