Pioneer High School for the Performing Arts to open in the Fall 2012 semester
Utah students interested in pursuing their passion for the performing arts while still in high school now have a new option in education.
The Utah State School Board approved the charter for Pioneer High School for the Performing Arts to open in the Fall 2012 semester.
School officials anticipate an enrollment of 500 students in the first year.
A tuition-free charter school, PHS will offer training in four areas â dance, drama, music, and musical theater â as well as an academic curriculum.
Academically, students will be able to choose from over 100 elective courses, such as Advanced French, American Literature, and Sports Medicine.
• for Dance - Derryl Yeager, Artistic Director and Founder of Odyssey Dance Theatre
• for Music - Caleb Chapman, Owner and Founder of CCM and the award winning Crescent Super Band
• for Musical Theater - Mindy Smoot Robbins, Owner and Artistic Director of On Broadway Academy
• for Drama -Kymberly Mellen, award winning actress and director
• for Accelerated Learning - Sam Payne, entertainer, song writer and musician. Enrollment for the Fall 2012 semester at Pioneer High School for the Performing Arts will be held immediately. Interested students must complete a four-step enrollment process: fill out the enrollment form, attend an Open House, choose a track of study, and participate in an evaluation to determine placement in their track of study. Enrollment is limited so students are encouraged to enroll as soon as possible. For more information on how to enroll, visit http://www.pioneercharter.org/enrollment.