AARP.org enlisted a panel of experts to create a list of the Top 10 Albums for Grownups.
The judges selected the list based on quality, uniqueness and relevance to AARP members. Judges include USA Today pop music critic Edna Gunderson and NY Times best-selling author David Wild.
• Paul Simon, So Beautiful or So What
• Adele, 21
• Jill Scott, The Light Of The Sun
• Tom Waits, Bad As Me
• Raphael Saadiq, Stone Rollin'
• Tony Bennett, Duets II
• Barbra Streisand, What Matters Most
• Alison Krauss and Union Station, Paper Airplane
• Wilco, The Whole Love
• Yo-Yo Ma, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer and Chris Thile, The Goat Rodeo Sessions
See below for the full article with commentary from the judges on why each album was chosen.
|1.||Serena Williams extends winning streak to 22|
|2.||Utah soldier confirmed dead in explosion in Afghanistan|
|3.||Victim’s three daughters get a day of magic|
|4.||Gun-toting Utah teachers to parents: Your kids are safe with us|
|5.||‘Righteous Housewives’ offers humor but not much depth|
|6.||‘Star Trek’ does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes|
|7.||3A baseball: Snow Canyon honors fallen teammate with repeat|
|8.||Hatch has plan to attack public-lands pot farms|
|9.||Shaping Sound: The dance company that TV built|
|10.||Agnetha Faltskog reflects on ABBA, releases new solo album|