Ringo Starr’s 17th solo studio record will be released on January 31.
Titled simply "Ringo 2012" and produced by Ringo, it was recorded in L.A. and mixed in England by Ringo and Bruce Sugar, and features 9 songs.
Of the 9 tracks two are covers, "Think It Over," and "Rock Island Line," and two are new versions of his own songs, "Wings" and "Step Lightly."
The track listing is as follows:
1. Anthem (Richard Starkey/Glen Ballard)
2. Wings (Richard Starkey/Vince Poncia)
3. Think It Over (Buddy Holly/Norman Perry)
4. Samba (Richard Starkey/Van Dyke Parks)
5. Rock Island Line (Arrangement by Richard Starkey)
6. Step Lightly (Richard Starkey)
7. Wonderful (Richard Starkey/Gary Nicholson)
8. In Liverpool (Richard Starkey/Dave Stewart)
9. Slow Down (Richard Starkey/Joe Walsh)
Joining Ringo in the studio for Ringo 2012 were musicians (in alphabetical order): Michael Bradford, Ann Marie Calhoun, Matt Cartsonis, Steve Dudas, Charlie Haden, Amy Keys, Kelly Moneymaker, Richard Page, Van Dyke Parks, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Dave Stewart, Bruce Sugar, Benmont Tench, Joe Walsh , Don Was and Edgar Winter. Not bad, even if you are a Beatle.&n
|1.||Serena Williams extends winning streak to 22|
|2.||Photos: Taylor Swift dominates Billboard Awards, Bieber awards draw boos|
|3.||‘Star Trek’ does $70.6M but falls short of studio hopes|
|4.||Kirby: What would you let money do to you?|
|5.||Utah soldier confirmed dead in explosion in Afghanistan|
|6.||‘Righteous Housewives’ offers humor but not much depth|
|7.||Gun-toting Utah teachers to parents: Your kids safe with us|
|8.||Victim’s three daughters get a day of magic|
|9.||Shaping Sound: The dance company that TV built|
|10.||Suburban Utah sees huge spike in poverty|