The beans got a little hotter than usual Tuesday morning at the Caffe Ibis roasting facility in Logan.
An accidental fire started at the roasting facility at 710 West 200 North around 10:14 a.m., according to Craig Humphreys, Fire Marshal with Logan City Fire Department. It started in the chafe collector of a coffee roasting machine and spread to an exhaust afterburner.
"Damage was estimated at $2,000 in downtime to disassemble, clean and reassemble the 1950s era roasting machine," Humphreys said in this news release. "No damage was done to the building and the business anticipates being back in production the next day."
|1.||MLB: Angels’ Richards out for season with knee injury|
|2.||Utah officer who shot Dillon Taylor was wearing a body camera|
|3.||Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police|
|4.||BYUtv meets TV critics, and gay question arises|
|5.||NFL: Johnny Manziel and Browns both agree he’s not ready to start|
|6.||Mitt Romney accepts Ice Bucket Challenge from Utahn with ALS|
|7.||Lucky magazine’s fall fashion tips: Santa Fe look, hiking boots|
|8.||Mormon church used to make it easy to follow its money|
|9.||Ex-student arrested for bomb threats at Utah County high school|
|10.||Golf roundup: McIlroy stumbles to 74 at Barclays — his worst start in 2 months|