Plans for the weekend: Labor Day rocks out
• Real Salt Lake plays host to the Portland Timbers in Major League Soccer action, tonight at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9270 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 8. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Punk/metal/rap band (hed) p.e. performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Pop band OneRepublic performs Saturday at the Snow Park Outdoor Amphitheater, 2250 Deer Valley Drive, Park City. Opening acts: Sara Bareilles, Serena Ryder. Show starts at 7:30. The show is sold out.
• Indie rock band Pinback performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $16 in advance, $21 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Hard-rock band Wilson performs Sunday at Burt's Tiki Lounge, 726 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: The Greenery, American Fangs. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $12 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• The Uproar Festival arrives Monday at USANA Amphitheatre, 5150 S. 6055 West, West Valley City. On the bill: Alice in Chains, Jane's Addiction, Coheed and Cambria, Circa Survive, Walking Papers, Danko Jones, Middle Class Rut, New Politics, Chuck Shaffer Picture Show, The Dead Daisies, Beware of Darkness, Charming Liars. Show starts at 2 p.m. Tickets, from $25 to $79, available at Smith's Tix.
• Rap act Chief Keef & The Glo Gang performs Monday at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance, $30 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
See more about comments here.