Memorial Day events at Utah State Parks
Looking for something to do this holiday weekend? Here are some options courtesy of Utah State Parks and Recreation:
* Friday - An Antelope Island State Park naturalist will lead a star party. The event starts at 8:30 p.m. with a slide presentation and then moves outdoors for night sky viewing. Call 801-721-9569 for more information.
* Friday - Jordanelle State Park is holding a walkabout program from 6 to 8 p.m. through the campground with a live hawk. Learn about the adaptations and role of birds of prey in the environment. Call 435-649-9540 or 435-782-3030.
* Saturday to Monday - Walk through a historical 1861 Civil War encampment at Camp Floyd/Stagecoach Inn State Park and Museum in Fairfield and visit with re-enactors from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Call 801-768-8932.
* Saturday - Birds of Prey is the topic of a Junior Ranger program for children ages 6 to 10. It starts at the Rock Cliff Nature Center at 11 a.m. Participants will attend a presentation and then take a walk with binoculars to search for birds. Call 435-782-3030.
* Saturday - Pond explorations is the topic of a Junior Ranger Program at Wasatch Mountain State Park in Midway for children ages 6 to 12. The program starts at 1 p.m. at the educational yurt. Call 435-654-1791.
* Saturday - Whodunit? A Wildlife Mystery will be presented at Wasatch Mountain State Park in Midway. The park naturalist will uncover some of the mysteries of wildlife starting at 7:30 p.m. in the campground amphitheater. Call 435-654-1791.
* Saturday - Scorpions. Join Snow Canyon State Park naturalists as they lead a search for scorpions at the park in Ivins starting at 9:30 p.m. Space is limited. Call 435-628-2255.
* Saturday and Monday - Learn pioneer crafts, games and how to make a lantern at Fielding Garr Ranch on Antelope Island. An empty soup can is required to make the lantern. Events from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Call 801-649-5742.
* Monday - Float among the sea monkeys, aka brine shrimp, at a Junior Ranger Program at Antelope Island State Park. Meet at the Bridger Bay Beach north parking lot at 11 a.m. Bring drinking water, sunscreen and a swimming suit. Call 801-721-9569.
* Monday - A Buffalo Chip Toss - yes, bison pies - will be held at 3 p.m. at the visitor center on Antelope Island. Call 801-721-9569
See more about comments here.