Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Governor nominates McDade for 4th District Court judge
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2007, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr. has nominated Darold J. McDade to serve as a 4th District Court judge, replacing retiring Judge Anthony W. Schofield.

"Darold brings a well-rounded perspective to the bench, with experience in prosecuting civil and criminal cases in juvenile, district, tribal and appellate courts," Huntsman said, according to a press release.

McDade currently serves as a section chief in the Child and Family Support Division of the Utah Attorney General's Office. Before joining the A.G.'s office in 1992, McDade was a sole practitioner in Utah County. He also has served more than three years as a small-claims court judge.

He is a member of the Utah Bar Association, Nevada Indian Bar Association and Navajo Nation Bar Association.

McDade, a member of the Western Shoshone Tribe of northeastern Nevada, is serving his second term as a Pleasant Grove city councilman. He attended Brigham Young University, where he earned both a bachelor of arts in political science and a juris doctorate.

"I'm very excited and looking forward to doing all that is necessary to be the best possible judge," McDade said. "I believe that the support and the training I've received have led me down this path, to something I've always wanted to do."

McDade's appointment is subject to confirmation by the Utah State Senate.

- Stephen Hunt

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.