Quantcast
Home » News

Bogus bomb claim puts American Fork Junior High in ‘soft lockdown’

First Published      Last Updated Apr 19 2017 04:54 pm

Alpine School District officials confirmed that they had briefly placed American Fork Junior High School under a "soft lockdown" Wednesday morning after what proved to be an unfounded bomb threat.

District spokeswoman Kimberly Bird said that shortly after classes had begun, a female student told staff that another student had told her "a bomb would go off at 11:02 a.m."

For about 30 minutes, the school's students were ordered to stay in classrooms. School officials soon determined that the girl's claim was bogus.

"The student she claimed made the statement wasn't even in school today," Bird said.

As of 9:30 a.m. campus restrictions had been lifted.




District officials did not disclose if the girl would be subject to any disciplinary actions.

remims@sltrib.com

Twitter: @remims

 

COMMENTS
POST A COMMENT      ()