Quantcast
Get breaking news alerts via email

Click here to manage your alerts
Acid spill causes minor burns to woman's arms
This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2010, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A 36-year-old woman suffered minor burns on her arms Monday morning when a small acid spill occurred at a Salt Lake City business.

Police and fire crews responded to the spill about 9:35 p.m. at Northrop Grumman, 2211 W. North Temple, said Salt Lake City police Detective Pat Wilkinson.

The woman, believed to be an employee, was treated quickly and taken to a hospital as a precaution. The woman was in good condition, Wilkinson said.

Salt Lake City fire spokesman Mark Bednarik said the woman was using Iso-Verre for stripping wire. She suffered second-degree burns, he said.

The spill was small enough that an evacuation was not necessary, Wilkinson said. No other injuries were reported.

Article Tools

 Print Friendly
 
  • Search Obituaries
  • Place an Obituary

  • Search Cars
  • Search Homes
  • Search Jobs
  • Search Marketplace
  • Search Legal Notices

  • Other Services
  • Advertise With Us
  • Subscribe to the Newspaper
  • Access your e-Edition
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Contact a newsroom staff member
  • Access the Trib Archives
  • Privacy Policy
  • Missing your paper? Need to place your paper on vacation hold? For this and any other subscription related needs, click here or call 801.204.6100.