This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
• The X-Dance Action Sports Film Festival starts a four-day run at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Screenings start at 1 p.m. today, and finish with a launch party at 9:30 p.m. with more events Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Tickets are $15 per day, or $35 for a four-day pass (kids are $7 per day, $20 for a four-day pass), available at Smith's Tix.
• Dutch symphonic-metal band Epica headlines at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Alestrom, Insomnium. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $28, at Smith's Tix.
• Typhoon and Laura Gibson perform at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Lost Lander. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $14.50, at Smith's Tix and 24Tix.
• Real Salt Lake faces the Seattle Sounders in the second leg of their MLS Western Conference semi-final, at Rio Tinto Stadium, 9200 S. State St., Sandy. Game starts at 8. Tickets available at the Rio Tinto website.
• Bluegrass band The Infamous Stringdusters performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Lake Street Dive. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $17, at the venue's website.
• Noise-rock band A Place To Bury Strangers performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Akron/Family, Bleeding Rainbow. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $8, at 24Tix.