4. Now that your own kids are gone, you watch your neighbors load their kids in the car and feel happy that those days are in your rearview mirror.
5. Mostly. The truth is you sometimes feel nostalgic for those days.
6. Also, what are you going to do with yourself on a Saturday? You could clean the house but blech. Where's the fun in that?
7. Then you remember that when you were at PetSmart last week, a guy handed you a flier saying that the Easter Bunny would be there on Saturday so you could have your dog take a picture with him.
8. "Wait," I said to the guy. "The Easter Bunny?"
9. "Yeah," said the guy. "It'll be me in an Easter Bunny suit."
10. "Was that part in the job description?" I asked. "You dressing up like a big rabbit?"
11. "It'll be fun!" he said. "You and your dog should come!"
12. It's Saturday now, so I say to my husband, "How about we take our Newfoundland named Tinkerbell to get her picture taken with the Easter Bunny today?" My husband doesn't even act like this sounds weird. He just says, "OK. Why not?"
13. So we put Tinkerbell in the car and drive to PetSmart so she can have her picture taken with the Easter Bunny.
14. We don't tell her that it's not the real Easter Bunny. What she doesn't know won't hurt her.
15. When we get there we see other people who want their dogs to have pictures taken with the Easter Bunny, too.
16. The lady in front of us has two little dogs dressed in shirts. The Easter Bunny sits them on his Easter Bunny lap and makes those little dogs wave their paws at us. Wave! Wave! Wave!
17. Their legs aren't very long, so those little dogs look like they're waving at us with tiny T-Rex arms. Wave! Wave! Wave!