Plans for the weekend: Stirling's violin, and tons of pro sports
• The Utah Blaze holds its home opener in Arena Football play, hosting the Arizona Rattlers tonight at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7:30. Tickets available at Smith's Tix.
• Singer-songwriter Patterson Hood performs tonight and Saturday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9 p.m. both nights. Tickets are $25, at the venue's website for tonight's and Saturday's shows.
• The Seattle Mariners and Colorado Rockies play their last spring-training exhibition game, Saturday at Spring Mobile Ballpark, 77 W. 1300 South, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 1:05 p.m. The game is sold out.
• String-based rock band Miracles of Modern Science performs Saturday at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Jack & the Giant, Polytype. Show starts at 7 p.m. Tickets are $7, at 24Tix.
• Comic Adam Carolla and therapist Dr. Drew Pinsky, formerly co-hosts of "Loveline," make a joint appearance Saturday at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 and $50, at the Kingsbury website.
• British pop star Mika performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $29.50 in advance, $35 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Country singer/songwriter Kip Moore performs Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Wild Feathers. Show starts at 9 p.m. Tickets are $20 in advance, $25 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Cross-cultural instrumental rock band Toubab Krewe performs Sunday at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Holy Water Buffalo. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $16, at the venue's website.
• Hawaiian singer-songwriter Anuhea performs Saturday at Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Justin Young. Show starts at 9:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 in advance, $15 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix or 24Tix.