Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Power line nearly electrocutes Utah man

Published July 19, 2014 8:25 pm

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A pole touching a power line nearly electrocuted a man in Murray.

The 62-year-old man was using a metal pole to put nets over his apple trees, to keep the birds out, when the pole touched a power line, said Murray Police Sgt. Jake Huggard. The shock knocked him off his short ladder and onto the ground about 7:30 p.m.

The man had a pulse when firefighters arrived at the home, near 5300 S. Allendale Drive (600 West). An ambulance took him to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition, Huggard said.

mmcfall@sltrib.com

Twitter: @mikeypanda