Natural gas leak forces Springville evacuations
A natural gas leak forced evacuation of several homes in Springville early Friday morning.
Springville police Lt. Dave Caron said the leak was initially reported about 5 a.m. in the area of 50 North and 400 West.
Questar crews were dispatched to find the source of the leak and repair it while firefighters and police secured the scene.
"The leak was caused by the failure of a gasket in the system. That portion of the system has been by-passed while repairs are being made," Caron said.
Springville City Hall was opened for evacuees until repairs were made and their homes cleared for re-occupation at 7 a.m.
Caron said residents were asked to have a firefighter test their homes first for any residual levels of gas before they entered.