Layton boy critically burned in backyard
A 10-year-old Layton boy is expected to survive critical burns he suffered Saturday in his backyard.
The boy was in the back of his house near 1200 N. Church Street, when something went wrong near the fire pit and he was burned on his face, neck and chest, said Layton Fire Battalion Chief Mike Adams. Investigators are not sure what happened, but they did find a gas can nearby, Adams said.
A helicopter arrived about 11 a.m. and took the boy to the University Hospital, Adams said.