College basketball: Weber State plays Northern Colordao in Big Sky Tournament semifinals
Ogden • If Weber State wants to go dancing, the journey starts Friday against Northern Colorado.
The Wildcats and Bears meet in the semifinals of the Big Sky Conference tournament at the Dee Events Center at 7 p.m.. North Dakota and (Montana/Portland State) play in the other semifinal, starting at 4:30 p.m.
The winner of Saturday's championship game qualifies for the NCAA tournament.
Top-seeded Weber State drew a bye into the Big Sky semis. Sixth-seeded Northern Colorado advanced with a 62-60 upset over No. 3 Northern Arizona in Thursday's opening round.
The Wildcats (17-11) and Bears (18-12) split two games during the regular season. Each won at home. On Jan. 9, Northern Colorado rolled to a 70-51 victory. On Feb. 8, Weber State scored a 79-65 win.
Southern Utah women 86, Sacramento 78 • At Grand Forks, N.D., Desiree Jackson scored 21 points and Hailey Mandelko added 20 to lead the second-seeded Thunderbirds into the semifinals of the Big Sky women's tournament.
• North Dakota 79, Sacramento State 76
• Northern Colorado 62, Northern Arizona 60
• Portland State 70, Montana 63
• North Dakota (16-15) vs. No. 5 Portland State (17-13), 4:30 p.m.
• Weber State (17-11) vs. Northern Colorado (18-12), 7 p.m.
Semifinals winners, 6 p.m.
At Grand Forks, N.D.
• Southern Utah 86, Sacramento State 78
• Montana 75, Montana State 66
• Idaho State 70, Eastern Washington 65
• North Dakota (20-9) vs. Idaho State (15-16), 4 p.m. MDT
• Southern Utah (22-8) vs. Montana (21-9), 6:30 p.m. MDT
Semifinal winners, 2 p.m.