Top 25 basketball: Syracuse falls to BC 62-59 in OT for first loss of season
Syracuse, N.Y. • Jim Boeheim shrugged. It was nice while it lasted.
"It's been an unbelievable run of making unbelievable plays in the last six or seven minutes of games," Boeheim said Wednesday night after No. 1 Syracuse lost 62-59 in overtime to Boston College, ending the Orange's run at an unbeaten season. "I've never seen anything like it before. We've had a lot of good teams, but I don't think we've had any teams that would've won all these games the way this team has. It's remarkable what they've done."
Syracuse's 25-game winning streak came to a screeching halt when the Eagles found their range from behind the arc. Held to 2-of-8 shooting on 3-pointers in the opening half, BC drained 9 of 14 in the final 25 minutes to pull off the stunning upset and leave No. 3 Wichita State (28-0) as the lone unbeaten in Division I.
"I'm not disappointed [in the streak ending]," freshman guard Tyler Ennis said after his first college loss. "It's nice to win all these games, but it's pretty unrealistic to think you're going to go undefeated in the ACC."
Syracuse fell to 25-1, 12-1 in the ACC.
The Associated Press
• Boston College 62, No. 1 Syracuse 59 (OT)
• No. 2 Florida 71, Auburn 66
• No. 3 Wichita State 88, Loyola (Ill.) 75
• No. 4 Arizona at Utah, late
• No. 7 Cincinnati 77, Central Florida 49
• No. 10 Saint Louis 89, George Mason 85 (OT)
• No. 11 Creighton 85,Marquette 70
• No. 23 UCLA at California, late
• No. 24 Ohio State 76, Northwestern 60