Letter: Using healthcare.gov is easy, affordable
I learned some helpful facts recently regarding the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).
1. You can view health care plans without applying. Go to healthcare.gov., click on individual plans, "see plans before I apply," enter your zip code, the number of people in your family, and your family income. The website will quickly show plans.
2. If you see a plan you like, you can click on it for details which will take you to the company website (Humana, SelectHealth, etc), with a phone number you can call for details and ask a real human your questions.
3. All plans have the same minimum standards and cannot turn you or a family member away for a pre-existing condition.
4. You only need to go through the ACA (healthcare.gov) to take advantage of premium subsidies. You are eligible for subsidies if your income is less than $45,000 for an individual, $62,000 for a family of two, or $94,000 for a family of four. Subsidies can be significant.
5. "ehealthinsurance.com" is a great place to compare these policies.
Open enrollment is only until March 31. Act now to check your options.
Salt Lake City