Saturday Olympics on TV: Slopestyle field is wide open
2014 SOCHI WINTER OLYMPICS -- Pictured: "2014 Sochi Winter Olympics" Logo -- Courtesy NBC
There is no defending champion in slopestyle, because it's a new event. Basically, it's the snowboard halfpipe on a downhill course - complete with jumps and tricks.
American Shaun White, who is the two-time defending gold medalist in the halfpipe, was considered to be a favorite before he pulled out of the event. Now, it's wide-open.
You can see it in NBC's primetime coverage.
- 1:30-5 p.m., Ch. 5: Men's ski jumping/individual K-95; men's biathlon/10km sprint gold medal final; men's speed skating/5000m gold medal final; women's cross-country skiing/skiathlon gold medal final
- 7-10:30 p.m., Ch. 5: Figure skating/team event, ice dancing short dance, ladies short program; men's snowboarding/slopestyle gold medal final; women's freestyle skiing/moguls gold medal final
NBC LATE NIGHT
- 11 p.m.-midnight, Ch. 5: Figure skating/team event, pairs' free skate; men's luge/singles competition
- midnight-3:30 a.m.: Repeat of NBC primetime
- 7:30-9 a.m.: Figure skating/team event, ice dancing short dance (live)
- 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Figure skating/team event, ladies short program (live), pairs free skate (live)
- 4-6 p.m.: Hockey/game of the day
- 1-3:30 a.m. (early Sunday ): Women's hockey/Japan vs. Sweden (live)
- 3:30-6:30 a.m (early Sunday): men's cross country skiing/skiathlon gold medal final (live); women's speedskating/3000m gold medal final (live)
- 6-8:30 a.m.: Women's hockey/Canada vs. Switzerland (live)
© Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.