Boise, Idaho • Dwayne Polee II hit a 3-pointer with 4 seconds left as No. 5 San Diego State rallied from a 14-point deficit to stun Boise State 67-65 on Wednesday night and extend its winning streak to 19 games.
Xavier Thames scored 23 points for the Aztecs (20-1, 9-0 Mountain West), who have won eight of nine meetings with the Broncos (15-8, 5-5). San Diego State eliminated Boise State from the past two conference tournaments and beat the Broncos 69-66 earlier this season.
Mikey Thompson led the Broncos with 16 points and Thomas Bropleh and Derrick Marks both added 15.
Boise State led 57-43 with 13:37 to play when Bropleh banked in 3-pointer. But the Broncos either missed a shot or turned the ball over on 13 of their next 14 possessions and the Aztecs took a 61-59 lead on three consecutive baskets by Thames.
The Broncos regained the lead on a basket by Thompson, but two more free throws by Thames and a defensive stop set up the final possession.
Thames drove to the right of the key, then whipped a pass to Polee, who drilled the game-winner.
Marks’ 3-point attempt at the buzzer was off.
Boise State, which shot 51 percent from the field for the game, went more than 9 minutes between field goals and the Aztecs went on to win their 10th consecutive game away from home and their ninth straight conference game.
• No. 4 Wichita State 65, Indiana State 58
• No. 5 San Diego State 67, Boise State 65
• No. 10 Michigan 79, Nebraska 50
• No. 13 Saint Louis 65, Saint Joseph’s 49
• No. 14 Louisville 77, Houston 62
• No. 20 Virginia 77, Boston College 67
• West Virginia 91, No. 21 Oklahoma 86 (OT)
• No. 23 Gonzaga vs. Portland, late
• No. 25 Pittsburgh 59, Miami 55 (OT)