Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Fire shuts down Ogden Iggy's sports bar

Published January 20, 2014 6:51 pm

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2014, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

A deep fryer fire on Monday forced the downtown Ogden Iggy's Sports Bar and Grill to temporarily close its doors.

While the staff was getting ready for the 11 a.m. opening of the sports bar at 2309 S. Washington Blvd., the grease in a deep fryer heated up to high and caught fire, said Ogden Fire Battalion Chief Corey Barton.

Firefighters received the call about the kitchen fire at 10:41 a.m. and arrived within two minutes. The emergency responders, armed with extinguishers, were able to limit the damage to the fryer and several nearby condiments bottles that had melted, Barton said.

The Iggy's had to shut down for several hours Monday until they replaced the fryer.

The fire department did not report any injuries.

mmcfall@sltrib.com

Twitter: @mikeypanda