Consi Taylor thought the white-ish spot on her banana was mold, until it started moving.
Taylor, 29, was about halfway through the Colombian Fairtrade banana when she saw the spot, according to the New York Daily News. It looked funny, she said, until she looked closer and discovered it was actually hundreds of tiny spiders, hatching and running onto her carpet, according to Metro.
“I was so scared I started crying,” she said to The Sun.
It turns out the banana was infested with venomous Brazilian Wandering Spiders, which the New York Daily News describes as the most deadly spider in the world.
Naturally, Taylor — along with her husband and two small children — couldn’t share their London home with the deadly spiders. The family evacuated and was forced to fumigate their home and dry-clean their clothes.
The bill added up to 1,000 pounds, which Sainsbury’s — the supermarket that sold the fruit — paid for.
— Jim Dalrymple II