Faulty bathroom fan cause of apartment fire
A faulty bathroom fan was the cause of an electrical fire that raced through a Salt Lake City apartment complex Saturday morning.
Six residents were evacuated but no injuries were reported, said Salt Lake City Fire spokesman Jasen Asay.
The fire at 2625 E. Stringham Ave. (2280 South) started about 2:25 a.m. in a pipe behind a bathroom wall and damaged two of the apartments. A third unit was damaged when firefighters forced their way in.
"One of the residents heard a crackling noise and went into the bathroom and saw flames," Asay said.
The residents were relocated through help from the American Red Cross. It is unknown if and when they can return to their homes. Officials did not know the dollar amount of the damage to the apartments.