Mormon missionary dies of electrical shock in Mexico
A Mormon missionary was electrocuted when he accidentally came into contact with a live power line on top of a building in Mexico, the LDS Church confirmed Thursday.
Ruth Todd, spokeswoman for the Utah-based Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said that 20-year-old Colt Daniel Kunz, of Victor, Idaho, had been serving his mission in the faith's Mexico Tampico Mission for just a few weeks when the accident happened Wednesday.
"Our thoughts and prayers are with Elder Kunz's family, friends and others who mourn his passing," Todd said in a statement.
Details on funeral plans for Kunz, who was the 11th Mormon missionary to die this year, were not immediately available.