Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Utah pyrotechnician hurt in Arizona fireworks malfunction

Published July 5, 2013 3:27 pm

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

KINGMAN, Ariz. • Authorities say a pyrotechnician from Utah suffered severe head trauma and burns after fireworks malfunctioned during a display in northwestern Arizona.

Kingman Fire Department officials say Jeremy Lee was investigating a pre-packaged box of fireworks that malfunctioned Thursday evening when they unexpectedly detonated at the Mohave County Fairgrounds.

They say the 40-year-old Lee was wearing appropriate safety equipment, but suffered massive head trauma and burns.

Lee was taken to the Kingman Regional Medical Center and was later flown to University Medical Center in Las Vegas, where he was listed Friday in critical condition.

Lee's hometown in Utah wasn't immediately available.