Plans for the weekend: The Postal Service arrives (finally)
• The 10th annual Damn These Heels! LGBT Film Festival kicks off tonight with a screening of the comedy "G.B.F.," and runs through Sunday at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 S. 300 South, Salt Lake City. For a complete schedule and ticket information, go to the festival's website.
• Mexican acoustic-guitar duo Rodrigo & Gabriela performs tonight at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Alex Wilson. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $45, at the Red Butte website.
• Country-rock band Exile performs tonight at Sandy Amphitheater, 9400 S. 1300 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Juice Newton. Show starts at 8. Tickets, at $15 and $25, available at Smith's Tix.
• Rapper Big B performs Saturday at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 6 p.m. Tickets are $12 in advance, $14 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Arty rock band Nico Vega performs Saturday at Bar Deluxe, 666 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Crash Kings, Joel Pack and the Pops. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $12, at Smith's Tix or 24Tix.
• Synth-pop duo The Postal Service performs Saturday at Saltair, 12408 W. Saltair Drive, Magna. (This show was postponed from May 29.) Opening act: Baths. Show starts at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35 in advance, $40 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix or at 24Tix.
• The annual Ride For Life benefit (for Ronald McDonald House) concludes Saturday with a concert featuring metal acts Ratt and Lita Ford, Saturday at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8:30 p.m. Tickets are $30 in advance, $35 on the day of the show, at Smith's Tix.
• Folk-rock singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile performs Sunday at Red Butte Garden, 300 Wakara Way, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Opening act: The Lone Bellow. Show starts at 7 p.m. The show is sold out.