This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
• Pop/punk band No Tide performs at The Shred Shed, 60 E. Exchange Place (360 South), Salt Lake City. Show starts at 6:30. Tickets are $10, at Smith's Tix.
• Pop/punk band Cartel performs at The Complex, 536 W. 100 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $16, at Smith's Tix.
• Hard-rock trio Kyng performs at Burts Tiki Lounge, 726 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $12, at Smith's Tix.
• Salt Lake City musician Talia Keys celebrates her birthday with her genre-crossing local band, Marinade, at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Red Dog Revival, The Vision. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $10, at the venue's website.
• Basque-inflected folktronica band Crystal Fighters performs at The Urban Lounge, 241 S. 500 East, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Alpine. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $16, at 24Tix.