Salt Lake City fire investigators determined that an accidental flash fire destroyed the second floor of a house Friday afternoon.
It was an electrical fire that was so hot it caused most everything to spontaneously catch fire in the upper apartments of a converted house near the University of Utah, said Salt Lake City Fire Deputy Chief Dan Walker.
Two residents who were home escaped unharmed.
A total of four people live at the house, but only the ones who live on the ground floor will be able to return after some repairs to the smoke and water damage, Walker said. The top floor will have be completely remodeled.
The fire caused about $100,000 in damage, Walker said.
firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @mikeypanda