Molotov cocktail damages Ogden Mormon church meeting house
State and federal authorities Monday were investigating a fire at a Mormon church meeting house that officials say was caused by a Molotov cocktail.
Maintenance workers at the church, 1590 13th St., called police about 7:30 a.m. Monday to report the explosive device had been thrown through a kitchen window sometime overnight. The fire, which was contained to the church kitchen, burned itself out before it was discovered, the Ogden City Fire Department said in a news release.
An initial estimate places the damage at about $1,000.
Because the fire occurred in a church, a joint investigation is being conducted by Ogden's fire department, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Anyone with information about the fire is asked to call the joint Weber, Morgan Dispatch Center at 801-629-6221.