State colleges: Utah Valley softball shuts out Idaho State
Utah Valley softball's Tiffany Mills notched a 3-0 win with a shutout of Idaho State in Pocatello, Idaho, allowing just four hits while striking out eight in seven innings.
• Utah finished 12th overall at the Pac-12 championship in Los Angeles, led by sophomore Brandon Kida's four-round total of 300, which made him tied for 45th.
• Utah State junior Tanner Higham finished at 9-over 225 to tie for 11th place at the Club Glove Western Athletic Conference championship in Henderson, Nev.
• Southern Utah could not hold a 5-stroke lead as Houston Baptist came from behind to capture the American Sky Conference golf championship in San Antonio.
• Utah Valley's Mason Casper tied for fifth at the America Sky Conference Championships in San Antonio. After finishing the tournament at even par, Casper was named the ASC Golfer of the Year for the second year in a row.
Track & field
• Weber State added eight qualifiers for the Big Sky Conference meet at the Weber State Twilight Meet in Ogden, with five Wildcats from the women's team earning first place in their events.
• BYU athletes won six events, including men's pole vault and women's 400 meters.
• Utah's women's team took first in shot put, hammer throw, discus and 400-meter hurdles.
• Utah State claimed first in the women's 1,500 meters and women's high jump.