This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2013, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
• Filmmaker Mira Nair ("Monsoon Wedding," "Amelia") will deliver the David P. Gardner Graduate Lecture, with the topic "Between Two Worlds: Creating Identity," at Kingsbury Hall, 1395 E. Presidents Circle, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. Following the lecture is a screening of Nair's latest movie, "The Reluctant Fundamentalist," over at Orson Spencer Hall. The lecture begins at 5:30; the movie starts at 7, and Nair will take part in a Q-and-A after the movie. The event is free.
• Metal bands All That Remains and Hellyeah co-headline at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening act: Nonpoint. Show starts at 6. Tickets are $25, at Smith's Tix.
• The Utah Jazz plays the Phoenix Suns at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Tickets available at Smith's Tix.
• "American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips performs at UCCU Center, 800 W. University Parkway, Orem. Opening act: Churchill. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.
• Rock band Roger Clyne & The Peacemakers performs at The Depot, 400 W. South Temple. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $21, at Smith's Tix.