A gas leak Thursday drove 35 people from two student housing buildings at the University of Utah.
It happened about noon at neighboring buildings on the 2100 block of Red Butte Road, on the east side of campus. The buildings were evacuated for about 1 1/2 hours until Questar fixed the leak.
More than 120 students live in the two buildings, but most were in class, said Remi Barron, a U. spokesman.
“Anytime anyone smells gas, they err on the side of caution,” he said. The cause wasn’t immediately clear.