NFL notes: Cardinals RB Wells returns from injury
Beanie Wells will be back in the Arizona Cardinals backfield on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams.
The Rams remember him all too well.
The last time Wells faced them, almost exactly a year ago, he rushed for a franchise-record 228 yards in a 23-20 Arizona victory in St. Louis.
With Wells coming back from an injury and the Rams defense greatly improved, no one is expecting anything close to that this time around. But the presence of a healthy Wells is a welcome addition to a team looking to end a six-game losing streak with a rookie quarterback, Ryan Lindley, making his first NFL start.
Around the league
Falcons • Receiver Julio Jones was limited in his return to practice Thursday for Atlanta.
Three defensive starters were held out linebacker Sean Weatherspoon (right ankle), cornerback Asante Samuel (shoulder) and nose tackle Peria Jerry (quadriceps).
Bills • An apologetic Buffalo cornerback Leodis McKelvin acknowledges he was wrong and will not dispute a $75 fine for failing to follow a crew member's orders during a flight.
McKelvin said Thursday that he was ticketed for refusing to turn off his cellphone and failing to buckle his seatbelt while traveling from New York City on Tuesday.
Week 12 schedule
• Houston 34, Detroit 31 (OT)
• Washington 38, Dallas 31
• New England 49, N.Y. Jets 19
• Denver at Kansas City, 11 a.m., Ch. 2
• Minnesota at Chicago, 11 a.m., Ch. 13
• Oakland at Cincinnati, 11 a.m.
• Pittsburgh at Cleveland, 11 a.m.
• Buffalo at Indianapolis, 11 a.m.
• Tennessee at Jacksonville, 11 a.m.
• Atlanta at Tampa Bay, 11 a.m.
• Seattle at Miami, 11 a.m.
• Baltimore at San Diego, 2:05 p.m.
• St. Louis at Arizona, 2:25 p.m.
• San Francisco at New Orleans, 2:25 p.m., Ch. 13
• Green Bay at N.Y. Giants, 6:20 p.m., Ch. 5
• Carolina at Philadelphia, 6:30 p.m., ESPN