This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
• Electronic band STRFKR ('cuz we can't print the band's full name in a family newspaper website) performs at Kilby Court, 741 S. Kilby Court (330 West), Salt Lake City. Opening act: Onuinu. Show starts at 6. Tickets are $15, at 24Tix.
• The Utah Jazz plays the Portland Trailblazers in preseason NBA action, at EnergySolutions Arena, 301 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City. Game starts at 7. Tickets available at Smith's Tix.
• Pygmalion Productions' revival of its 2010 production of "Lady Day at Emerson's Bar and Grill," featuring Dee-Dee Darby-Duffin as Billie Holiday, starts a weeklong run at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30 p.m. tonight (repeating at 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Saturday, and 7:30 p.m. Sunday through Nov. 1). Tickets are $20, at ArtTix outlets.
• The offbeat music-and-dance experience, The MarchFourth Marching Band, performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $20, at the venue's website.
• Electronic-dance duo The Crystal Method performs at The Hotel & Elevate, 155 W. 200 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 9. Tickets are $20, at Smith's Tix.