This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.
• The Utah Museum of Fine Arts marks the opening of its exhibit "Nancy Holt: Sightlines" with a community celebration at the museum, 410 Campus Center Drive, University of Utah campus, Salt Lake City. The artist will give a lecture, and the public will get a first-look at the exhibit (which opens Friday). The event starts at 6. Admission is free.
• Electronic-pop duo Crystal Castles perform at In the Venue, 219 S. 600 West, Salt Lake City. Opening acts: Health, Kontravoid. Show starts at 7. Tickets are $25, available at Smith's Tix.
• A screening of "Inni," a concert film featuring the otherworldly Icelandic band Sigur Ros, takes place at Brewvies Cinema Pub, 667 S. 200 West, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7. Admission is free; you must be 21 or older (since Brewvies serves the demon alcohol).
• New Age pianist/composer David Lanz performs at the JeannÃ© Wagner Theatre, 138 W. 300 South, Salt Lake City. Show starts at 7:30. Tickets, from $35 to $42.50, available at ArtTix.
• Folk-rock band Lost in the Trees performs at The State Room, 638 S. State St., Salt Lake City. Opening act: Midtown Dickens. Show starts at 8. Tickets are $12, at the venue's website.