Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Sports briefs: Ohio State, TCU plan home-and-home series in football

Published October 2, 2012 5:28 pm

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

college football • Ohio State and TCU will play a home-and-home series in 2018-19.

TCU said Tuesday that Ohio State will make its first trip to Fort Worth on Sept. 15, 2018, with the two-game set shifting to Columbus, Ohio, on Sept. 21, 2019.

The teams have played six times in Columbus, most recently in 1973 when the Buckeyes won 37-3. Ohio State has a 4-1-1 lead in a series that began in 1937.

In 2010, Ohio State President Gordon Gee questioned TCU's strength of schedule by saying the Buckeyes "do not play the Little Sisters of the Poor."

Ex-assistant coach sues Penn State

college football • A former Penn State graduate assistant who complained he saw former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky showering with a young boy on campus and testified at his sex abuse trial sued the university on Tuesday for what he calls defamation and misrepresentation. Mike McQueary's whistle-blower lawsuit claims his treatment by the university since Sandusky was arrested in November has caused him distress, anxiety, humiliation and embarrassment. The complaint, filed in county court near State College, where the university is based, seeks millions of dollars in damages.

Mavericks cut pair of free agents

NBA • The Dallas Mavericks waived Tu Holloway and DJ Mbenga. Holloway, an undrafted rookie from Xavier, and the 7-foot Mbenga, who was previously with the Mavericks, were signed as free agents last Thursday before camp.

Tyson bannedfrom New Zealand

BOXING • Mike Tyson has been barred from New Zealand after a lawmaker rescinded the visa he had been issued to fulfill a speaking engagement later this month. Associate immigration minister Kate Wilkinson said the charitable Life Education Trust had withdrawn its support for Tyson's visit, meaning Tyson, who was convicted of rape in 1992 and spent three years in prison, would no longer be able to visit Auckland to perform his one-man show called "Mike Tyson: Undisputed Truth."

From wire reports