Firefighter airlifted to hospital after bee sting
Published: September 19, 2012 06:35PM
Updated: September 24, 2012 02:18PM

The Sanpete County Sheriff’s Office reported Wednesday that a firefighter working at the scene of a forest fire at Fairview Canyon was flown by helicopter to the hospital after a bee sting sent the crew member into anaphylactic shock.

According to the office’s Twitter account, the crew member had to be reached by helicopter in the rugged terrain, where the fire has been burning for the past three days. The crew member suffered an allergic reaction to the sting, but the condition improved by the time the Life Flight helicopter reached the hospital.

Kimball Bennion