Editorial Sampler: As the conventions end ...
- Obama's speech: What he must say, not say - Los Angeles Daily News Editorial
... It goes without saying that Obama and his supporters think a lot of this is the Republicans' fault. So instead of continuing to say it, and laying more blame on the opposition tomorrow, he must talk about his own actions. ...
- A fatigued audience faces the president - Charlotte Observer Editorial
We're tired, Mr. President.
Liberals and conservatives and, especially, the independents you need to reach.
We're tired of worrying about the size and lifespan of our paychecks. We're tired of waiting for customers to start filling our stores the way they once did. We're tired of knowing that the next middling jobs report will be met with criticism and promises, but not solutions.
Tonight, when you accept the Democratic nomination on the blue stage of Time Warner Cable Arena, you have the opportunity to say more. ...
- The economy is Obama's defining issue - Fort Worth Star Telegram Editorial
- Gov. Hickenlooper's positive appeal - Denver Post Editorial
Though few people saw it, Colorado's governor showed in his DNC speech why he is so popular.
- The Democrats go back to their roots - Gail Collins, The New York Times/Salt Lake Tribune
- Clinton's big speech - Andrew Sullivan, The Daily Beast