Boy playing with matches sets Pleasant Grove house on fire
A 5-year-old boy playing with matches sparked a fire in his Pleasant Grove home Saturday and caused $190,000 worth of damage.
Pleasant Grove Fire Capt. Corey Cluff said firefighters were called to the home, near 400 E. 1560 North, about 2 p.m.
Cluff said the boy was playing with matches in the garage and some material on fire. Plastics inside the garage fueled the blaze, which eventually spread to the attic of the home.
The home is a total loss.
Cluff said neighbors used garden hoses to try to put out the fire before crews arrived, and it took about 30 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the blaze.
The boy was uninjured, and everyone inside were able to get out before the fire overtook the home.