Do you hate sports but are fascinated by the devotion your husbands and others have for fantasy football/baseball leagues?
Then this is for you.
Instead of watching sports each week and drafting athletes to create the best fantasy sports team, "Celebrity Fantasy Draft" players scan the pages of three magazines: People, Us Weekly, and InTouch each week to draft super teams of celebrities.
More than 2,000 celebrities are available to choose from.
Stats, personal facts and more are provided to help players determine the top stars from the wannabes to compile their perfect teams.
Celebrities are scored each week based on how they fared in published photos, and players’ scores are provided weekly to each league by Celebrity Fantasy Draft.
Each league’s first season is free.
Celebrity Fantasy encourages friends, colleagues and/or families to get together to conduct a draft of celebrities to create their teams.
Here's how Celebrity Fantasy Draft works, according to the company:
1. A League director logs on to www.celebrityfantasydraft.com. Each league’s first season is free, and each season thereafter is $20 per league.
2. The League Director creates a league profile, and emails invitations to his or her friends. Leagues can range from 2-20 people.
3. Each league holds a draft party, and initiates their own pool if they so choose. Each player within the league drafts a team containing five women, four men, one child under 13 years, and two alternates. Celebrities can only be drafted once in each league.
4. Points are accumulated each week to those celebrities pictured in the three magazines. Points are allotted based on celebrities’ life events (pregnancy, engagements, arrests, etc.), and the number of times their pictures are featured within each magazine’s regular sections, with points differing based on section.
5. Each Monday, leagues receive an email routing them to weekly results, and each player’s standings within the league.
6. The smack-talk ensues.
7. Winners are announced after each two-month season. When the season is over, league directors can set a new draft and play again.
For more information, visit www.celebrityfantasydraft.com.