A couple of Utahns will be 'Dancing With the Stars'
Helio Castroneves won a "Dancing With the Stars" championship with a partner from Utah. He'll try to win another with a different partner from Utah.
Part-time Utahn Apolo Anton Ohno won a mirror-ball trophy with a partner from Utah. He'll try to win another with a partner from the Ukraine.
They're two of the 12 - soon to be 13 - former "DWTS" contestants returning for an All-Stars edition of the show, which premieres Monday, Sept. 24, at 7 p.m. on ABC/Ch. 4.
Castroneves partnered with Julianne Hough to win in the fall of 2007; this time, he's partnering with Chelsie Hightower.
Ohno also partnered with Hough to win in the spring of 2007; this time, he's partnering with Karina Smirnoff.
Hough's brother, Derek, has been matched with Shawn Johnson, who won the "DWTS" titled in the spring of 2009 with Derek's buddy, Mark Ballas, as her partner. This time around, Ballas is rejoining Bristol Palin - the two of them finished third in the fall of 2010.
They're one of four repeat pairings. The other are:
• Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy (second, spring 2011)
• Joey Fatone and Kym Johnson (second, spring 2007)
• Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani (third, spring 2009)
• Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke (first, fall 2006).
New pairings for the all-stars edition are:
• Pamela Anderson (sixth, spring 2010) and Tristan McManus
• Drew Lachey (first, winter 2006) and Anna Trebunskaya
• Gilles Marini (second, 2009) with Peta Murgatroyd)
• Kelly Monaco (first, summer 2005) with Valentin Chmerkovskiy.
A 13th contestant is in the process of being chosen by an online vote. You can go here to cast your vote for Sabrina Bryan, Carson Kressley or Kyle Massey. The voting ends Aug. 24.