Quantcast
Home » News
Home » News

Early morning fire destroys duplex unit in Salt Lake City

Published May 27, 2012 4:25 pm

This is an archived article that was published on sltrib.com in 2012, and information in the article may be outdated. It is provided only for personal research purposes and may not be reprinted.

Salt Lake City firefighters early Sunday extinguished a fire that destroyed a duplex unit.

Firefighters said the blaze started about 4:20 a.m. at 162 N. 1000 West after a resident left food unattended on the stove. Fire officials said the resident wasn't home when the fire started.

No injuries were reported, but firefighters said the unit was uninhabitable. The blaze caused about $30,000 to $50,000 in damage, officials said.

A person living in the adjacent unit was evacuated, but later allowed to return home. That side did not suffer any damage, fire officials said.

jstecklein@sltrib.com

Twitter @sltribjanelle