National Trail Day celebrations coming to Davis County
Davis County will be celebrating National Trails Day on June 2 at several spots along the Denver and Rio Grande Western Rail Trail.
Games, prizes, refreshments, doggie prizes, trail information and bike safety information will be available at all sites from 10 a.m. to noon. Guests are encouraged to wear superhero costumes (yes, that's for real), and leashed pets are welcome.
Locations and extra attractions are as follows:
- Clinton — 2300 N. 1000 West: Superhero costume contest, scavenger hunt
- Clearfield — Steed Park, 300 N. 1000 West: Wheel of Fortune, fishing
- Layton — Ellison Park Elementary, 750 N. Cold Creek Way: Geocaching, other games
- Farmington — Legacy Events Center, 151 S. 1100 West: Superhero costume contest, superhero games
- Kaysville — corner of Webb Lane and Flint Street: Geocaching, bike/skate repair booth, bike helmet sale, balance bike demo (10:30) & race (11 a.m.) for pre-school age children, superhero costume contest, Kaysville police K-9 demonstration
— Erin Alberty
© Copyright 2014 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.